As a full-time Junior Architectural Drafting and Design Technologist you will be required to prepare construction, installation and fabrication drawings as they relate to commercial building exteriors.
- Develop and prepare designs and drawings of preliminary concepts
- Develop and prepare designs and drawings for final production
- Operate computer –assisted design (CAD) (AutoCad) REVIT and INVENTOR
- Check and verify design drawings to conform specifications and design data
- Develop and prepare architectural drawings, plans, diagrams or layouts from sketches
- Report directly to Director of Construction Management and Senior Draftsman. Work closely with Project Managers, Field Foremen and Fabricators.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Proficient knowledge of Computer Assisted Design software: REVIT and INVENTOR
- Ability to complete technical illustrations
- Ability to develop and read shop drawings and detail drafting
- Ability to Read and interpret blueprints, drawings and specifications
- Ability to problem solve to fill gaps in information and to generate meaningful solutions
- Ability to apply design knowledge to physical applications
- Ability to visualize in 2D and 3D
- Ability to communicate with Project Managers and Senior Draftspersons
- Skills in problem solving and time management
- Ability to work independently and efficiently
- Superior communication skills; both written and verbal in English
- Knowledge of construction industry and light steel fabrication is considered an asset.
- Must be a graduate of an Architectural or CAD program from a recognized institution degree program.
- Must have 2-5 years of relevant work experience.
Imark thanks all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At Imark, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.