Reporting directly to the President of Manufacturing and Fabrication, the role of Project Manager is to ensure the success of the project from the estimating phase through to fabrication completion. This is a technical role with a focus on partnering with estimating, business development and sales, the client and general contractors, shop personnel, critical vendors, and all other cross functional teams to ensure the success of the project. Success in this role means executing the project on schedule and within budget without compromising safety, quality, and excellence.
Key Functions & Responsibilities
- Plan, control and manage fabrication welding projects from planning to project execution, ensuring success through continued and future relationships with clients
- Understand and implement project scope and client specifications.
- Ensure budgetary constraints and project timelines are met or exceeded
- Ensure the business need is valid and correctly prioritised
- Ensure the project is properly launched
- Development of thorough and accurate bill of materials
- Act as liaison between the client and company
- Manage change orders, issue approved change orders, and provide a revised schedule for client requested scope changes
- Liaise with all stakeholders (client, shop, Quality, vendors, third parties, management team) to ensure accuracy/quality of final product
- Clearly communicate project deliverables (including tasks, deadlines, risks etc.) and ensuring adequate resources are assigned to deliverables and proactively identify and communicate potential road blocks with various project personnel for resolution
- Professionally and proactively manage the reporting of project conflicts/road blocks/lessons learned as they arise with an ability to use solution-based problem solving.
- Monitor safety to ensure that all personnel are complying with established safety standards at all times
- Securing project resources
- Ensuring the budget is on time, budget, and scope
- Approving key project deliverables
- Determine manpower requirements and produce manpower forecasts
- Control labour, material, and equipment costs
- Recommend opportunities to optimize costs and benefits
- Communicates business issues and providing feedback on status reports and ensuring they reach the necessary stakeholders
- Resolve issues, conflicts, and remove obstacles to progress
- Effectively communicate all issues and concerns to the relevant stakeholder groups
- Act as a mentor and role model always through exemplary professional conduct
- Manage fabrication personnel
- Lead by example by demonstrating the importance of fostering a safety culture and dedication to unwavering excellence in execution.
Minimum 3-5 years fabrication and trades experience with Post Secondary education with one of the following:
- Bachelors Degree or Diploma in an Engineering discipline, Technology Diploma or Equivalent
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- RSE Welder with proven Project Management experience
In-depth working knowledge of welding and fabrication techniques and welding codes.
Valid drivers’ license and own vehicle
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive benefits
- HSA & WSA benefits
- IMARK Incentive benefits
- COR Certified Safety Program
IMARK thanks all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At IMARK, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.