Insulated Metal Panels (also known as “IMP’s” or “Sandwich Panel”) offer a high performance building envelop solution that help create aesthetically pleasing functional buildings. With a wide selection of profiles and colors, IMP’s are designed to be installed vertically or horizontally with concealed clips and fasteners to provide a beautiful, flush appearance.
Designed to creatively resolve issues related to temperature retention, Insulated Metal Panels are ideal for extreme climates like Canadian winters or facilities with varying climates such cold storage or agricultural applications with high humidity. This is in part due to the tight fitting panel joints which offer superior air-tightness preventing thermal bridging and condensation.
Made up of controlled foam insulation sandwiched between two prefinished sheets, Insulated Metal Panels are structurally strong and lightweight due to their one-piece construction. This allows for rapid installation and decreased building completion times as the single component product require less structural support than conventional wall cladding and roofing systems.
Insulated Metal Panels can serve various functions including walls, ceilings and roofs for agriculture, commercial and industrial buildings. These panels can be installed vertically or horizontally and can be produced in a wide range of profiles and colors.
Insulated Metal Panels can be found in an assortment of buildings around the world including schools, manufacturing facilities, distribution warehouses, equipment maintenance buildings, retail buildings, medical buildings, aircraft hangars, office buildings and more in both new and retrofit construction.
Depending on product specifications, Insulated Metal Panels offer
- Design Flexibility including multiple applications, profiles and finishes
- Effortless integration with traditional construction methods and building systems
- Adaptability to pre-engineered metal building designs for almost any end-use as walls and roofs, saving material and labor costs
- Tested R-values of 7.5 per inch
- Decreases in the thermal bridging that is typical of cavity wall systems
- Direct foam-to-foam contact which provides unbroken thermal shield
- Fire resistant
- Suitable for installation of solar panels
Depending on product selection, Insulated Metal Panels come in exceptional finishes made with SMP or PVDF Kynar that are easy to clean, super resistant to UV light and chemical corrosion.
- Matte Finishes
- Solid Color Finishes
- Gloss Finishes
- Metallic Finishes
- Mica Finishes
- Stone Finishes
LEED + Sustainability
- IMP’s have industry leading R and U values with superior airtight performance
- IMP’s can offer improved indoor environmental quality by ensuring a stable temperature
- IMP’s can last the lifecycle of a building
- LEED credit opportunities
Brands We Work With
Interested? Let’s Talk.
Contact our construction department to arrange a consultation or submit a form and a representative will contact you.